Fintech organization in Amsterdam
About the vacancy
You own the Backend Architecture of this organization's omni channel banking solution. You lead the architects and backend engineers in 20+ agile teams.
Based on the business requirements of our customers and our product vision, you drive the technology roadmap of our microservices platform that needs to run in traditional setup but also using PCF, Kubernetes on any (private) cloud.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that our platform and product vision—as well as end-state solution—becomes a reality
- Driving security, deployment, operation, performance, sizing, scalability, and reducing cost of ownership for our customers as well as the cost of maintenance for ourselves
- Aligning with the Directors of Mobile, Frontend, Security and QA to ensure a holistic view and to ensure the delivery of a consistent product
- Establishing strong and trusted relationships with customers, internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure we deliver a great product
In order to be successful in this job we expect you to have:
- You are equally comfortable in deep-dive technical workshops with teams, leadership, prospects, customers, and partners.
- You have earned your stripes—and learned your lessons—in designing web-based microservice architectures with clear domains, you have no problems finding the scope in large-scale, complex environments.
- You know how to make large software projects successful, maintainable and extensible in the long run and have experience with technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, Camel, NoSQL, Relational databases, Kafka, Appservers, PCF, Kubernetes, (Native) Clouds platforms,
- You are able to develop an engineering culture so that engineers are able to do their best work and care deeply about their growth
- You have experience in the Banking or Financial Services domain
more about the employer
This organization builds cutting-edge software for the most reputed banks in the world, who expect them to deliver the best digital experience for their millions of customers. To meet this demand, their standards are high, as is the complexity they face every day. No matter how big the challenges are: they make it work.
At this organization you can come as you are and say it like it is. You'll feel at home right away.
There’s always coffee, biscuits, fruit available and free lunch daily in their canteen. On Fridays, everyone gets together to celebrate their successes (and delicious bitterballen every release!). They are headquartered in Amsterdam, so you get to work and live in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.